New Office Protocols
- Coronavirus Expectations For All Of Us
The health and welfare of our patients and staff is top priority. Therefore, in the midst of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, our office has revamped all policies to maintain a clean, healthy and safe environment.
We are following the ever-changing impact of the Coronavirus on a Federal level, Provincial level and in our local community. As the situation continues to unfold, we wanted to remind our patients of the measures that we are taking to keep everyone safe:
Precautions For Patients
- All eye exams, pick-ups, frame adjustments, etc will be by appointment only. Walk-ins are not allowed at this time.
- All patients will be asked COVID-19 screening questions upon arrival.
- Patients are to arrive on time for their appointment. Please do not arrive early or late. This will help us to minimize the number of patients in our office at one time.
- We are asking patients to come into our office alone, unless it is absolutely necessary to have an accompanying caregiver.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the office at any given time.
- All patients must wear a face mask upon entering our office.
- All patients must immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering our office.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, have a cold, fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic, and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
- We offer curbside pickup when dispensing glasses and contact lenses, if preferred.
- There will be minimal or no paperwork – information will be gathered verbally upon arrival.
Precautions In Our Office
- Furniture and surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Diagnostic equipment will be sanitized before and after every use in view of the patient.
- All frames that patients come into contact with will be thoroughly disinfected.
- We are aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboards, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these often.
- Staff and doctors are required to stay home when they or their family members are sick.
- We have implemented new procedures in our office to minimize visit and wait times and volumes in the clinic.
- We are staggering and lengthening appointments in the schedule to reduce the traffic in the office at any one time.
- All of our doctors and administrative staff will utilize personal health protection including masks, gloves, shields, or goggles as necessary given their patient interaction roles and according to the latest recommendations from local health authorities.
- We will provide hand-sanitizers at the point of entry, on tables, and in sitting areas.
- Our staff may require patients to wait outside for a short while if there are too many patients in the office at one time.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at our reception area and in the doctor’s exam rooms.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.